Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Andy Griffith Show: Return to Normal

I do not watch very much TV so I do not know much about TV programs. When I was little, or when we went to see my grandpa in California I used to watch the Andy Griffith show. It was one of those good programs that were rare on the TV that you could actually watch. It has always been the kind of program that would start out normal than it would go through the plot of the movie than it would end back to normal. This is said in the essay when he says,”What’s most comforting about this show, however, is that things return to normal. That is, The Andy Griffith Show offers us a normal that can be returned to.” This has always been my favorite show if any that I have enjoyed. They always have the same people on the show; they do not change the cast for every show like many of the shows do now days. Every show was always very good; there was never any violence like many shows have today. Every show that you watched was always able to take you right to Mayberry, it was like you were there right in the middle of everything, it was so interesting. I think that the Andy Griffith Show was one of the best shows ever made. I think that this expressed in the essay when the author says, “The Andy Griffith Show, I believe, sets out to entertain and comfort and it succeeds as no other show ever has… or ever will.” The show gives you the feeling like the book says, “that it tells us that blue skies are normal” even though it’s not always like that in this world.


Exploring ideas

#2: I think that Bells essay encourages us to look differently at those old movies that we all used to watch when we where little. He wants us to see the difference they made in people and the world. They were alot different then the kind of movies that are on today.

#1: He wants us to see the difference that these movies actually made. The old movies like the Andy Griffith Show had a meaning the ones they make now don't.

No comments: